23 Mirali Seyidov str
Statutes of Party
CHARTER OF POPULAR FRONT PARTY OF WHOLE AZERBAIJAN
1.1. Popular Front Party of Whole Azerbaijan (hereinafter referred to as PFPWA) is a political party participating in the country’s political life, united around the political ideas and goals of the citizens of Azerbaijan, regardless of their national, racial, religious affiliation, social origin in the works done in the direction of an independent, indivisible, democratic, secular, legal state and civil society.
1.2. PFPWA builds its activity on the basis of the Constitution of the Republic of Azerbaijan, the Law “On political parties”, other legislative acts in force, the norms of international law and its Charter. The main principles of the PFPWA’s activity are voluntariness, legal equality of the members of the party, self-government, legality, publicity and organization for formation of will of the citizens of Azerbaijan Republic.
1.3. Since the date registration, the PFPWA acquires the status of a legal entity.
2.1. The aim of PFPWA is to protect the independence of Azerbaijan Republic and to restore the territorial integrity, help the formation of democratic legal state according to the development of civil society of Azerbaijan.
2.2. PFPWA censures violence and terrorism, and used of all forms of democratic struggle in its activity in accordance with the legislation of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
2.3. The party tries to implement its objectives through the representatives elected to the elective state authorities.
2.4. PFPWA is committed its attitude to the social and political events occurred in the republic and world, tried increasing public awareness, raising of political level, ensuring fairness using all information means not prohibited by law.
2.5. PFPWA participated in the correct formation of public opinion and in the nationwide discussion of democratic legal projects in the interests of the people, is organized preparation of important program and projects in the socio-political and social and cultural fields related to the common interest of Azerbaijan, or assessment of their through the experts.
Concluded the contracts and agreements on behalf of them to fulfill the duties in the Charter, acted as defendant and plaintiff in court;
8.3. Congress (conference):
- founds the party;
- adopts the Charter of the party and makes changes and amendments thereto;
- listens to the reports of Chairman of the party, of the Supreme Council, and the CCC, discusses and evaluates them;
- determines the main directions of the party’s activity for the future;
- elects the chairman of the party;
- determines the number of CCC and elects the members;
- approves the members of the Supreme Assembly (elected in the conferences of the organizations of provincial, city, region);
- approves the seal, flag, coat of arms and other symbols;
- issues an authority to the Supreme Council to solve any issue related to the responsibilities of Congress (conference);
- make a decision to terminate the activities of the party.
9. The Supreme Council of PFPWA
9.1. The Supreme Council shall consist of members elected by the Supreme Council from the ranks of candidates presented by the members of organizations for region and city and up to 1/3 of this number, chairman of PFPWA, and by the members of the Board of Directors and the Supreme Council of PFPWA. The term of office of the Supreme Council is 4 years.
9.2. Supreme Council:
- supervises the activity of the party during the period of between congresses;
- holds the Supreme Council sessions at least once in three months;
- approves the Secretary-General and the Secretary upon the recommendation of the chairman;
- approves the new secretary general and secretaries with the representation of the chairman of PFPWA, when the Secretary General and the Secretaries resign or is removed from the position;
- elects the new members, the Chairman of the Supreme Council, Deputy of Chairman, Secretary of the Supreme Council at the first meeting after the Congress (conference) in one-third of the number of the Supreme Council;
- approves the decisions of the Board of Directors with the establishment of new city and regional organizations;
- elects the members to the vacant location until congress when the member of CCC is removed;
- approves the authority of the members of Supreme Council elected by the conferences of city and regional organizations during the period between congresses (conferences);
- adopts the statutes regulating different areas of the party and regulations of the Supreme Council, interpreted separate provisions of the Charter, if necessary;
- confirms the sample of uniform-shaped party’s ticket for the members of PFPWA;
- forms the Board of Directors of PFPWA.
9.3. With the exception of matters within the authority of the Congress, the party shall make decisions on all other issues of party’s life.
9.4. Discussed the involving issues of the party on cooperation with other political parties and public organizations, political blocs, political associations and unions and make a decision;
- Gives important statements and petitions on behalf of the party;
- Solves issues related to the participation in elections and government agencies.
9.5. If a veto is put on any decision of the Supreme Council by the chairman of the party, that decision does not enter into force and is put to vote again at the next meeting. The decision shall enter into force only in that case, when two-third part of total number of the members of the Supreme Council vote to the decision during the re-election.
9.6. The extraordinary session of the Supreme Council is convened by the request of the Chairman of the party, the Board of Directors, one-third part of the members of the Supreme Council and the CCC within ten days.
9.7. The Supreme Council builds its business in accordance with the internal regulations.
10. Central Control Commission (CCC) of the party
10.1. Duties and functions of CCC:
- monitor activities of all the agencies, organizations, and members of the party being in accordance with the PFPWA Charter;
- review complaints regarding disciplinary measures applied to the members of PFPWA, make a decision of giving relevant opinion;
- control financial affairs of the party;
- city and regional organizations leads the work of monitoring agencies;
- the term of office of CCC is 4 years.
10.2. CCC elects its chairman, deputy and secretary at the first meeting after the Congress (conference).
10.3. CCC holds a meeting at least once a month.
10.4. CCC is subject only to the Congress (Conference).
10.5. The activity of CCC is regulated by statute.
11. Board of Directors
11.1. The Board of Directors is a collegial body of the party during the period between the Assemblies.
11.2. Board of Directors solves issues included in the authorities of the Supreme Council in paragraph 9.4 of the Charter during the period between sessions of the Supreme Council.
The term of office of the Board of Directors is 4 years.
11.3. The Board of Directors is formed at the first meeting after the Congress (Conference) of the Supreme Council of PFPWA. The Chairman, Secretary General and Secretaries of the party, the chairman, deputies and secretary of the Supreme Council shall be included in the Board of Directors for their positions. The other members of the Board of Directors are elected from the members of the Supreme Council.
11.4. The number of the Board of Directors is determined by the Supreme Council.
11.5. Chairman of the party is headed the Board of Directors.
11.6. Board of Directors:
- elect the Secretary of the Board of Directors;
- held its meeting at least once a week;
- make the concrete decisions in the directions of implementation of requirements of the Party’s Charter, objectives defined by the Congress (Conference), realize the decisions of the Supreme Council, and carried out actions;
- make the decisions on the questions from the city and regional organization;
- give a decision on the creation of new regional, city organization;
- The activity of the Board of Directors is governed by statute.
12. Chairman of the party
12.1. Leads directly to the activity of the party; is responsible for the activity of PFPWA and shall report personally before the party’s congress (conference).
12.2. Forms the Executive Office and send to resign.
12.2. Represents the party in the state authorities and departments, in the relations with other political parties and public organizations, in the international relations, acts with the statements and applications on behalf of the party, signs contracts and agreements.
12.3. Submits the Secretary General and Secretaries to the Supreme Council for approval.
12.4. Submits the presentation to the Supreme Council for the release of Secretary General and Secretaries
12.5. Submits the new Secretary General and Secretaries to the Supreme Council for approval, when Secretary General and Secretaries are resigned or removed from the position.
13. Secretary General
13.1. Secretary General is headed to the Executive Office;
13.2. In the absence of chairman of the party, the Secretary General substitutes him/her.
13.3. Secretary General is determined by employees of the Executive Office with the consent of the chairman of the party and dismissed from their position.
13.4. The activity of the Executive Office is regulated by statute.
14. City and regional organizations of PFPWA
14.1. The Conferences (general meetings) of city and regional organizations of the party shall be held no later than two years.
14.2. The extraordinary Conferences shall be convened by the assembly of the city and regional organizations with the presentation of PFPWA or by the Board of Directors based on the opinion of CCC at least a month.
14.3. City and regional organization is independent to solve problems of city and region in accordance with the Charter and Program of the party.
14.4. Conference (General Meeting) is elected the chairman of city and regional organization, CC and is approved the authorities of Assembly’s members.
14.5. The chairman of city and regional organization leads to the activity of organization and reports before the conference.
14.6. The Assembly, which elected in the conference for the year and held its meeting at least once in three months, leads to the activity of city and regional organization during the period between conferences. The Assembly elects its chairman, deputy and secretary at the first meeting.
14.7. The Assembly of the city and regional organization is formed the structure of Board of Directors as collegiate body in accordance with the paragraph 11.3 of the Charter during the period between meetings of the city and regional organization at the first meeting after conference.
14.8. Control Commission of the city and regional organization shall be elected in the Conference (General Meeting) for the four year and report directly to the conference and CCC of PFPWA.
14.9. The Assembly of the city and regional organization can replace with new one the support group violating regularly the requirements of the Party’s Charter with the presentation of Control Commission.
14.10. The activity of the city and regional organizations of PFPWA is governed by the statute.
14.11. The activity of Ganja city and the province of Nakhchivan is governed by the statute.
15. Support groups of PFPWA
15.1. Support groups are led by the chairman elected in the General Meeting and his deputy;
15.2. The Board of Directors is elected for support groups connecting more than 50 members of the party and the General Meetings are held in those support groups once in three months, but the meetings of the Board of Directors are held not later than once a month.
16. Property and financial activity of PFPWA
16.1. The property of PFPWA is consist of the property (buildings, equipments, inventories, publishing houses, printing houses, transportation, communication, and other technical facilities) created at the expense of the party, as well as of invaluable assistance of variety natural and legal persons.
16.2. The facilities of PFPWA are created by the following sources:
- membership fees;
- proceeds from the property;
- The proceeds taken from the actions held by the organizations of the party, from the media authorities of the party and from other publications;
- Donations of citizens, enterprises and organizations;
- Funds received for the payment of the costs of the election campaign;
- Payments of down organizations;
- Income from other activities not prohibited by law.
16.3. The financial year of PFPWA begins from the date of state registration and expires on December 31 of the same year. The next financial years are covered the period from January 1 to December 31.
17. Termination of the party’s activity
17.1. PFPWA may be terminated with 2/3 votes of representatives participated only in the Congress (Conference) or by the court decision. At this time, the property of the party is used in the manner determined by the Congress after necessary settlements. The property of the party could not be distributed between the leading bodies and members of the party.
18. Other conditions
18.1. The issues in connection with the activities of the party, but not regulated by this Charter, are regulated in accordance with the legislation of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
18.2. Additions and amendments to the Charter shall enter into force from the date of state registration.
18.3. If any provision of this Charter conflicts with the legislation, the relevant norm of the legislation is approved.